Site Menu

About Us
Postal Service Unlocking
Postal Service Repair Unlocking Codes
Free Inspection

hit counter


Advice on switching your mobile phone supplier

From Ofcom

Mobile phone customers have the right to take their mobile phone number with them when they switch from one mobile company to another. All mobile phone companies have agreed to transfer a customer’s number within 5 days of being asked to make the switch.

It’s quite easy to take your mobile phone number with you if you switch to another network. This is known as mobile number portability. You will need to ask your existing mobile company for a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) before you cancel the service. The PAC enables you to transfer your number to another network.

To take your number with you when you change companies, make sure you do the following:

1. Phone up the customer services staff at your current mobile phone company and tell them you want to leave for another company.
2. Tell the customer services staff that you want to take your mobile number with you. Then ask them for a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). This is a reference number which you will need to quote when moving your mobile number from one company to another.
3. Tell your new mobile phone company that you want to use your existing mobile number, then give your new company your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC).

Some mobile phone companies can charge a fee to move your number.

If you are experiencing problems taking your number with you to another network, please see http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/mobile/company/porting/

Please contact us if you have any further questions

If you would like to contact one of our staff then please call

01245 476657 07792 122209

Or email us

Please look around the site to find out further information regarding our services


Sony Ericsson Mobile Phone Unlocking Service